Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Released!

We actually got OUT today. A swimming friend picked us up and we went to Panera for coffee. Only one other gal was brave enough to come - and that was only after we called her. Our street is still pretty icy, up to the next more-traveled street. It's not too bad, and it connects to a main street, which is clear. Our wonderful driver also took us to WalMart. I had hoped that might happen (but didn't ask - she offered), so I had brought my list. Dummy me didn't put eggs or bread on the list, so I forgot that, but we'll make it. The paper and the mail were delivered.

John got his workout this afternoon - he borrowed a snow shovel from a neighbor and did some clearing of the sidewalk and driveway. Hopefully, it’s enough so that a little sunshine tomorrow will warm the pavement up enough to clear off the driveway. I’ve started making this year’s big pot of split pea soup. I’ll get it into the freezer tomorrow. It’s out on the deck to cool overnight.
--------------------------------------
We lost one of the great voices today - Margaret Whiting. She gave us many years of wonderful listening. RIP
--------------------------------------
Gullfoss, Iceland (in this view, the spectators at the overlook are easier to see)

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: