Friday, January 28, 2011

It's time for your mammogram!

I had my mammogram this morning. Guess they’ll be letting me know next week sometime. It’s not the most fun in the world, but they surely have come a long way. It’s not nearly as uncomfortable as it used to be. I’ve said it before, and will say it many more times, I hope. Get your annual mammogram! I’m now 6 years, cancer free - after being found to have irregularities on a routine mammogram. This led to a needle biopsy, with a diagnosis of malignancy, followed by six weeks of radiation therapy. Let’s go for early detection until a real cure is discovered.

John and I went to the AAA office to get some passport photos made. We need to get visas for Cambodia and Vietnam, and both need passport-sized photos. Guess they’re okay - I didn’t even look at them.

We’ve got some nice days coming up, too - temps in the 50s, maybe even 60s. The long-range forecasts for south Texas calls for temps around 70. That’ll be lovely.
=========================
Stratton-Audley, England.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Good, good, good on your mammogram. I had mine in December, six years after I finished treatment. (We must have been diagnosed around the same time.)