Saturday, October 09, 2010

A nice Saturday

John spent all day on the start boat for the Chattanooga Head Race - Chattanooga’s oldest rowing event. The weather was perfect, but it was a long day for him.

I had a “girls” morning. Carol M. picked me up, and we met Margaret at a sale given by the Houston Museum of items from its storage. Margaret and I each got a couple of things. Then we headed to the J&J Textile place (where I’ve gotten so much stuff at incredibly low prices the last couple of weeks). Margaret and Carol both got sheets and some clothes. I picked up a couple of pairs of jeans on this trip. The proprietors are very pleased to see me coming, since I always bring somebody new in to buy. We came back to the house and got some lunch and watched a little of the UT/GA football game.

All in all - a nice Saturday.
===================================
These lovely dandelions in Iceland grow with long stems.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: