Thursday, August 13, 2009

Odds and ends

Why can't clothing manufacturers get together on some consistent sizing. One thing I haven't gotten is a pair of blue jeans. I tried on two pairs today - two different brands - a size #18 and a size #16. Both pairs fit, but the smaller size was cut lower than I like. And there's no way to tell without trying them on first. Oh, well - I did finally get one pair, and that'll have to do for now.

I got lots of computer work done this afternoon. I copied a lot of my photos onto discs and deleted them from the computer. Then, since while traveling I won't have our home router protection on my laptop, I installed some adware and spyware (thanks, Kate).

We're gradually getting things together for the trip. John got out the maps and checked routes and possible stops. I know, I know - we should get a GPS. We have the DeLorme atlas in the laptop. But we DO love maps, enjoy looking at them, and are totally comfortable using them to find our way.

We've gotten the second Harry Potter movie from the library to watch this week. And we also got the latest Nevada Barr book, Borderline, that I've had on reserve. Lots of stuff to watch and read.

No comments: