Monday, August 03, 2009

Breaking a Barrier!

Today, I broke a personal barrier. For the first time in almost 20 years, I weigh less than 200 pounds. I don't know that I ever thought I'd see the day. I've always known that any body change means a life-style change. And, over the last year, I've managed to do that. I have to admit that I really do feel better; I have more energy; I can move easier; and my knees and hips don't hurt as much.

A side benefit is that I have totally cleaned out my closet. Literally, all the clothes I had last year are gone - even the underwear. I'm trying to get new stuff a little at a time - not only because of the expense, but because I'd love to lose some more. And the first time in ages, I'm no longer buying clothes in women's sizes. Which means I can buy cheaper, on sale clothes.

It's a new world - or at least one I haven't seen in a long, long time. And I'm enjoying it!
---------------------------
Happy Birthday, Jean! Hope you've had a great day. Did you know that you are one day older than Barack Obama? It's the first time you've been older than the President. (Sorry, I just couldn't let that pass.)
---------------------------
This photo of Sunkenkirk was posted by "maxakropolis" on the The Modern Antiquarian blog. It was SO gorgeous, I just had to share.
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

JeanZ said...

I think I hate my mother.

Mary Z said...

But she loves you VERY much!