Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mildew

We're getting enough rain now that things are starting to show mildew around the house. And the dehumidifier is working overtime. I hate it when that happens. We had to put all the luggage out on the deck to air out.

We worked at the library book sale again this afternoon. It didn't seem as busy as the other day. But they had had a huge sale in the morning. A used book dealer from Nashville had happened to find the sale and bought over $700 worth of books. Sweet!

The rest of the day was spent working on getting the stuff ready for packing. I'll get the laundry done first thing in the morning, so we'll have the stuff from that. Then it's into serious packing.

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

Hi Mary - mildew and other moulds are a problem here year round. It ckear and dry at the moment so the windows are open. Tonight the dehumidifier will be on again. At lweast it's warmed up so I don't need heaters on.

I showed Mum* the pictures of your new red shawl. Like me, she thought it to be incredible. Such delicate work and even stitching. Mum had a really good look at the closup shots. I hope you get lots of joy from wearing it.

* Mum is an avid quilter. Both myself and sister, Liz, have many of her quilts and wall hangings.

care and love,

Michelle and Zebbycat.