Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's all my fault!

I heard on the news that Chattanooga has had its first H1N1 flu death - a child, but one who was brought in from another area (not a local). Plus there are a number of confirmed cases at the University. So I guess iy'd vomr hrtr, yoo.

It's in the low 70s now - cooler outside than in the house. Makes me a happy camper. However...we had a real frog-strangler rain at midday. We had left our lunch place in one corner of town, and were headed cross-town to where we get our hair cut (me driving, of course), when the bottom fell out. We were on the interstate right at downtown, and nobody could see anything. With the wipers going full speed, I kept going, but very, VERY slowly - as did everybody else, fortunately. Most of us had put our flashers on. Usually, once something like this happens, the rain will be on only one side of the river or the other. But today, it was over all the area. WOW, it was really awful! We got definitely damp getting into the salon, but it had let up considerably when we came out. And at home, we had had only 0.7". The worst thing is knowing that it was ALL my fault. I had the car washed this morning - not just a drive through, but inside and out. Oh, well.....

No comments: