Sunday, August 30, 2009

Getting ready on Sunday

Click here to see an article about our library's book sale. The reporter and photographer were there during our shift yesterday. It's great to get such nice publicity, but I wish they had come closer to the beginning of the sale.

We got all the packing done, and there is plenty of room in the trunk for Ann & Al's bags. We must be getting some better and not taking way too much stuff. John is very good about not looking horrified at the amount of knitting I take with me. But, hey - I couldn't stand the thought of running out!! No more than either of us could bear the thought of running out of something to read.

The long range forecast is looking good, though - with highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. We had a nice day today, high around 80, with somewhat lower humidity. I even used the oven to cook lasagna, and Allan, John & Sylvia, and we ate out on the deck. They took the leftovers and anything else we wanted to get out of the fridge. After all, what are friends for???

Postings may be sporadic while we're gone. We should be able to get wifi most of the time, so I'll check in when I can.

1 comment:

Mickle in NZ said...

Safe Driving and Happy Travels!


Knitting and books are essentials. hope you've got a few crosswords at the ready too.

Have a glorious holiday,

Love and care,

Michelle and my darling Zebbycat,

xxx and quiet purring today (Mickle's sewing machine drowned out any sound efforts from his Nibs)