Monday, March 10, 2008

Tournament, Day 4


Sue brought Sarah back to Charleston after her spring break, and came to visit with us for a couple of hours before the ballgame. It's always great to see them - wish it could be more often.

The Lady Mocs won handily over CofC 68-53. We left the WCU-Elon game at half-time , came to the motel, and crashed for about an hour. WCU won 67-59. So we'll be playing WCU for the championship tomorrow at 5.

We picked up Sarah and her suitemates and took them out to a yummy coastal dinner - to a different place on Shem Creek. This one was much better - crab cakes for me and another version of shrimp and grits for John.


Then we took them to see the College of Charleston play Elon in the SoCon semifinals. Unfortunately, this was not a good day for CofC - Elon was way too much for them. So they're out for the year, and Elon gets the dubious honor of meeting Davidson (the cocnference powerhouse) in the finals tomorrow night.


And the Lady Vols pulled out a win over LSU, so that makes for a good day for our women's teams.

Tonight's picture is of our Lady Mocs watching the Western Carolina game yesterday.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Reading about basketball is bringing back memories of my one and only visit to a basketball game. I have no idea of the rules but I once watched the Washington Mystics in DC when visiting friends. My US friends were pleased to see me overcome my British reserve and yell with the best of them :-)

Mary Z said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, Sian. I hope you got to see Chamique Holdsclaw when you saw the Mystics. She was a start for the University of Tennessee Lady Vols - and was one of the best. I love the idea of your yelling at the ballgame. 8^)