Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!


Today (16 March) is my birthday, so I might as well celebrate. It won't change anything whether I do or not. I've gotten some wonderful cards, and some super telephone calls. Thanks to you all. And John took me out to dinner. Other than that, it was a very quiet day.

Bill sent me this horoscope reading: If March 16 is your birthday your charming allure will draw others near in the next six months, but you may end up tilting at windmills. Your business acumen is at its peak in August for career success and that is a good time to make decisions. I'd hate to think I had to worry about a career at this point in my life, but guess it'll be interesting to see what August brings.

Wasn't it amazing to see Georgia win the SEC tournament over Arkansas! I'm nobody but GA thought they could do it. How will we stand it - no basketball for a week. But the NCAA starts next weekend.

Did you watch the program on ESPN called Black Magic? The first half was on tonight, with part 2 on tomorrow. It's about the history of black players in college basketball, and is a fascinating story. These guys were really amazing - on many different levels. Check out Part 2 tomorrow, and maybe they'll rerun the whole thing sometime.

Today's photo is a budding maple branch and reflection at Charles Towne Landing, Charleston, SC.

4 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Happy Birthday!!!

William J. said...

I'm rooting for Georgia and the U of Oregon in the tournament.

Happy Late Birthday

Bill

Mary Z said...

Thanks for the good wishes.

Bill, Men or women???? I can understand Oregon - why Georgia?

William J. said...

The Men. I will root for your team in the Women's tournament. I'm rooting for the Georgia Men because they survived the tornado and were not supposed to win. The undergod gets me every time.

Bill