Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Casablanca


I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but we'd never seen Casablanca . We made up for it by watching it tonight. It is really a good movie. You do have to remember that all those lines, songs, etc., that have become cliches, came first in that movie (1943). And there were so many familiar faces in the minor roles. If you've never seen it, or haven't watched it in a while, get it from NetFlix or Blockbuster, and give it a look. And, incidentally, Ingrid Bergman has to be one of the most gorgeous women who ever lived.

We had another Gallery meeting this afternoon, with the founding three members in attendance. It was pretty much decided that it was time to stop talking and get things under way. We've set a day to arrange the space and hang art work, a time to start paying our monthly fees, and a date for our Grand Opening reception. It's time to see if this venture is going to work. We're sending the invitation/prospectus to 10 other artists as our starting group. Stay tuned.

Today's photo is obviously a glamor shot of Ingrid Bergman, taken from Google Images.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

You know, that's really funny. I, too, had not seen the entire Casablanca until a few years ago. I am a movie buff and I knew all the big scenes but realized I'd never watched it start to finish. I'm glad I finally rectified that situation!