Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Quiet Tuesday



To quote our friend, Dalton Roberts, we've pretty much been overcome with "electile dysfunction", and are tending to tune out a lot of the election blather. However...

The bits and pieces I've heard of Barak Obama's speech regarding racial issues today in Philadelphia are pretty impressive. And I've just watched part of a post-speech interview with him on Nightline - again, very impressive. Win, lose, or draw - I'm glad this man is around and gutsy enough to say some of the things he is saying.
--------------------------
To add insult to injury (or surgery), John's developed some nasty chest congestion and cough. That doesn't seem to stop the PT guy from torturing him, though. So he'll be back there in the morning.

Today's photos are of something we don't see around here - Spanish moss on a large crepe myrtle and a close-up at Charles Towne Landing, Charleston, SC.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love electile dysfunction! I'm there myself, but I'm going to overcome it and go see Sen. Clinton Thursday night. I just don't figure that (living where I do) I'll get too many chances to go hear presidential candidates in person in my lifetime. There are rumors that Sen. Obama will be appearing in Evansville soon as well, and I certainly won't miss the chance to go hear him in person.

K

Mary Z said...

Terrific - glad that you're going! We'll expect a report.