Friday, March 21, 2008

March Madness


I've made my plane reservations for Houston. The lady at Southwest was SO nice and helpful. I asked about an open-ended flight, and she told me they couldn't do that anymore. She said that the cost of two one-way tickets would be the same as the round trip, so that was an option. I hesitated about a one-way because I know that's one of the flags to the security people at airports that brings a major security check. Then, she told me that I could get a round trip ticket with a long-time-away return trip, and change it to any flight with senior fares any time, without penalty. Boy, was that ever helpful!

So now I have a flight to Houston on Wednesday, with the return reservation for a month later. And when I know when I'm coming home, I can just change the date. How great is that!

We'll be seeing our Sailor sometime between now and the time I leave. Mom and Dad going to drive him to Gulfport, MS, a week from today. He'll be there 7-8 days, then fly to Fort Dix, NJ. He'll head to the Middle East from there after a couple more weeks.

Upset city in the NCAA today: Not Tennessee - the men won. But Western Kentucky (Kate went to WKU for two years) beat Drake. San Diego beat UConn. Duke had to come from behind to beat Belmont by one point. Davidson beat Gonzaga. Siena beat Vanderbilt, Arkansas beat Indiana, and as I write, Villanova is ahead of Clemson. We LOVE March Madness!

But the IMPORTANT games are on Sunday - the Lady Mocs, the Lady Vols, and the Vols again. Today's photo is why we're excited - the Lady Mocs tip-off against Western Carolina in the SoCon championship game.

No comments: