Saturday, March 22, 2008

March Madness #2


Late this morning, we went to a locally-owned (young couple with two little kids who live in upstairs) bakery/coffee shop. I enticed John by buying his breakfast (brunch?) - well, I drove, and he paid. We each had a yummy bacon/egg sandwich on sourdough bread. But my reason for going was to meet a local blogger/knitter who knits with a group there on Saturday mornings. We've been e-mailing, and I wanted to meet her. Essie is a lovely lady, and it was a treat to meet her and all the other knitters, too. Click here to read Essie's blog.

The rest of the day has been basketball, basketball, basketball! HOORAY for WVU! I know Duke usually has good teams, but I really hate the way their student fans act at the games. There were some other upsets, too, and some really close games, both for the men and the women.

Today's photo is a maple just starting to leaf out in Charleston, SC.

No comments: