Saturday, March 25, 2017

Sunday Stealing


Sunday Stealing: The Kathy Aay Questions



1. What is the meaning of your blog’s name? It's just about my life.

2. Why did you start your blogging? I started it as a way to communicate with our children and my aunt Betsy while we were traveling.  I let it lapse for a while, and then started back up again when I was undergoing treatment for breast cancer in 2005, and kept it up since.

3. What’s your usual bedtime? Lately I've been getting in the bed about 10 or so, working some computer puzzles and watching some TV until after the 11 p.m. news.

4. Are you lazy? Absolutely

5. Do you miss anyone right now? I miss John.

6. How would you describe your fashion sense? My what????

7. What are your nicknames? Mom, momma, grandma.

8. Are you a patient person? Pretty much so, as long as I have something to read while I wait.

9. Are you tight-fisted or frivolous? I'm not much of an impulsive spender - especially since I hate shopping.

10. What magazines do you read? Not many any more - I page through the Tennessee Conservationist and Consumer Reports (when Margaret brings it to me).

11. Are you stubborn? Sometimes - it depends.

12. When is your birthday? March

13. What book are you currently reading? House of Rain by Craig Childs (about the preColumbian peoples of the Four Corners area and their migrations).

14. What phone do you have? Android Galaxy 6

15. Do you have any pets? Only the birds that come to my feeders on my deck.

16. Do you have siblings? I had one older sister.  She died in 1996.

17. Any children or grandchildren? Four daughters, two sons-in-law, six grandchildren and their spouses and significant others.

18. What do you order at Starbucks? I don't go to Starbucks.  At Panera Bread, I usually order a coffee refill and a bagel.

19. What did you do for your last birthday? It was last weekend.  Lots of family came and went to the boathouse to put the last of John's ashes in the Tennessee River where he spent so many hours.  And we dedicated a boat purchased with memorial money and named for him. It was a special time.  And then I got sick and spent the rest of the week recuperating.

20. What’s your occupation? I was a medical transcriptionist, then medical office manager.  Happily retired for many years.

21. Do you live in the country or the city? I'm a city girl - although this is the smallest city I've ever lived in.

No comments: