Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Not the usual Wednesday


Wednesday is usually a swim day. But I got a surprise after I was dressed and went to put up the bird feeders on my deck.  It was 24* and there was a light dusting of snow on the deck.  I checked the TV, and the schools are delayed opening, and some slick spots on the roads.  I know it wasn't much, and I probably wouldn't have had any problems.  But, at my age, I don't need to be out on any chancy roads in the dark on these hills.  So no swim today.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found out one of my bridge partners (Dorothy) is a knitter.  I mentioned to her that I knit socks.  She said she had done that years ago, and I "waxed rhapsodic" about the new self-striping yarns and the "magic loop" method.  She was eager to learn more and get started.  This morning, she bought yarn and an appropriate needle. I found my original simple sock pattern to share. I met her at a nearby Burger King, and we had a short lesson and Q&A session.  It'll be fun for me to watch her develop this new skill - especially since she will be celebrating her 90th birthday in two weeks.

No comments: