Monday, March 06, 2017

Pay attention!


My friend, Judy, is nine months younger than I am. Last month, she had a heart attack, was taken to the hospital, and had two stents placed. 

I saw her today for the first time.  She looks great, and feels great, although she does tire easily.  I asked her if she knew she was having a heart attack.  She said she did.  I asked her how she knew, and this is what she told me.

She had gotten up on Sunday morning, gotten dressed, and was eating some breakfast.  Her husband was still asleep. She noticed some pain in her left hand, but didn't pay too much attention to that since she has arthritis in her hands.  A few minutes later, she felt some chest pain.  And then she quickly took action. 

  • She called 911 and asked for an ambulance, saying that she thought she was having a heart attack.
  • She took an aspirin.
  • She called her daughter and told her what was happening and that she needed to come.
  • She unlocked her front door so the EMTs could get into the house.
This is one smart lady, and I'm so proud to have her as a friend and to use her as a good example.


Pay attention!

No comments: