Saturday, March 11, 2017

Miscellany


I picked up my laptop this afternoon! It's working fine, and I'm SO much happier.  I'd hate to be snowed in and not have the computer.  Last night was one of those nights when I was up for a couple of hours in the middle.  I really hate those!  Usually, if I can't sleep in the bed, I'll drop right off once I move to the chair.  But that didn't happen from 3 to almost 5.  I finally went back to the bed, and did sleep for a couple more hours.  Oh, well - better luck tonight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been talking to a very old (length of time, not age) friend recently.  Many years ago, when we were living in Hendersonville, north of Nashville, I was a charter member starting a local chapter of the League of Women Voters.  I'm no longer active in LWV, although I've kept up my membership.  The chapter in Hendersonville is having its 50th anniversary in May.  I can't believe it!  They're looking for as many charter members as they can find to invite to a dinner.  And they found me - not that it was hard.  So I'm planning to go.  It'll be fun to see some of the gals from the old days.  And there are a couple I still keep in touch with.  It was an exciting time.

No comments: