Sunday, March 19, 2017

Birthday and Memorial Weekend




Our weekend was almost perfect.  The house they rented worked quite well and was comfortable.  The "event" at the boathouse was great.  The weather was predicted to be perfect, but it turned out interesting. Just as the family went out on the dock to put the ashes in the river, a cold spitting rain started and the wind picked up.  We just did our thing, and when we got back on the apron of the boathouse, the sun came back out.  It was still cooler than we'd hoped, but nice.  We got to take pictures of the boat named for John (pictures are on facebook) and christen it with champagne.  The Rowing Club had put out some delicious snacks.  I made a few remarks about John and how he felt about rowing.  It was good to see some of the rowers I knew and meet some I only knew by name.  All in all, it was about an hour, which was about right.

We got carry-out pizza for our dinner Friday night, and carry out Chinese for our dinner Saturday night, so not much work for anybody.  The only problem was about 2 a.m. this morning, when I woke up nauseated and started vomiting.  I spent most of the rest of the night sitting in the bathroom and occasionally throwing up.  Nobody else was sick, so I guess not food poisoning.  But if it's a bug, I undoubtedly will have passed it along to the rest of the family.

Sue and Margaret got me back home first thing this morning, and I've slept on an off through the day.  I've only thrown up once since then, so we'll see how it goes.  I'm certainly going to be staying at home all day tomorrow, too.

No comments: