Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I love obituaries!



Anne sent me the clipping of this obituary from the Houston paper.  I don't know this lady, but she sounds like a winner.  Of course, the writer had me at the opening paragraph. 

Elene Meyer Davis was born in Yoakum, Texas on the 7th of October 1924, and died on the 7th of June 2016, of complications due to congestive heart failure and the 2016 Presidential campaign.

And then there was this description of her: 

An honorable, irascible, impeccable, elegant, intellectual, knowledgeable, highly principled and accomplished matriarch, Elene will be missed by her children and grandchildren.
Please take the time to read the entire obituary of this lovely lady.  You'll be glad you did - and be sorry, as I am, that you didn't know her.

From <http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Elene+Meyer-Davis&lc=2220&pid=180277948&mid=6963730>




No comments: