Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Never open your mouth


Well, nothing ever goes without a hitch. And I knew I shouldn't have opened my mouth yesterday.  The closing has been postponed for some reason.  I'm not sure of the date, but I think it may be the next Friday.  Oh, well… 

And there's nothing like excitement at home.  This afternoon, I looked out on the deck, and there was a large possum coming up the steps.  I opened the door and stomped out, shouting at him.  He hissed at me, backed off, rolled off the steps, and then slithered under the deck.  I kept a watch, but didn't see him again.  About an hour later, two of the maintenance men showed up, looking under the deck.  I went out to see what was going on.  Someone had reported seeing the possum, and they were there with a humane trap to set to try to catch him. Hope it works.  I'm supposed to keep an eye on it and report if I hear or see anything.  I'd love it if they'd catch the raccoon, too.  It turns out the raccoon has been causing problems all over the building, climbing up the outside walls, and getting into bird feeders on some of the upper floor balconies.  Stay tuned. 

The best part of the day was the wonderful massage this morning.

No comments: