Sunday, January 31, 2016

From Nashville




Greetings from Nashville - 

A sad trip to say goodbye to an old friend.  Martha was one of the first friends I made when we moved to Tennessee in 1962.  I'm sorry we didn't see each other more over the last few years.  But I know we'd have picked up the conversations right where we left off. 

It was good to have a chance to visit with their three sons - and reconnect with them as adults.  They're terrific young men, and I hope we can keep in touch from time to time.  Martha & Ed and John & I had some great times, with more laughter than you can imagine.  I'm sorry she couldn't be there laughing with us, but I'm sure she was enjoying the conversation from her new vantage point. 

The happy part of the visit is the chance to see other old friends in Hendersonville.  They're such special people, and are so important in my life.  I hope it works out that we can visit more often. 

Hug your loved ones a lot, and tell them you love them at least once a day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words. Lisa and I will keep in touch electronically and try to visit physically when we can.

Perry

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words. Lisa and I will keep in touch electronically and try to visit physically when we can.