Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wednesday wrap-up

All went well with the MRI. I guess the Valium did the trick, plus some help from the earplugs. I was pretty relaxed and kept my eyes closed (of course). The tech did talk to me each time the sounds stopped to tell me how many more sessions were to come and for how many minutes. Plus they gave me an emergency button to push. So all went well. And I was only there for about 1.5 hours total. The only bad part was that it was incredibly cold in there and poor John about froze to death (I had a blanket). They had had an a/c malfunction overnight, and it had gotten down to 52 inside overnight - and was only up to about 60 by the time we were there. Brrrr. Now I see the doc at 1 tomorrow to see what, if anything, they found.

--------------------------------

I fixed a yummy supper tonight. If you have access to an Aldi store, check out their frozen food section for a package of frozen mussels in tomato garlic sauce. They are delicious, just as they are, following package directions. Tonight I made additional sauce with tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, white wine, and basil, and reduced it. Then I cooked fettuccini and drained it. Then put it all in a big skillet, with the mussels and cooked per package directions. Oh, so good!

------------------------------------

Sometimes there are obituaries of people you don’t know that make you wish the person has been part of your life. Tina gave me the link to this obit of an obviously delightful 104 year old lady. So I’ll share. Please click here.

No comments: