Thursday, August 06, 2015

Doctor visit

It was only in the mid70s here, since it’s been cloudy with rain showers all day…definitely a nice change.

I saw the spine surgeon’s PA today and the visit was, as I expected, fact-finding, exam, and conversation. I’m set up for an MRI next week, and then to return to the office again after that. I’m not really claustrophobic, but I’m pretty uncomfortable with MRIs. They offered to call me in some Valium, and I took them up on it.

The PA was very thorough in her explanation of the x-ray and possible problems. She felt that my physical symptoms weren’t too bad at this point, i.e., no numbness or loss of strength in my arms, but that we’d wait to see the MRI before making any further decisions. I told her that we were going to be traveling, and she said they might give me a steroid injection in the neck/shoulder area to help with pain during that time. Then when we return, maybe they would prescribe some PT before getting into anything more invasive. I can live with this plan.

No comments: