Thursday, August 23, 2012

Update from Lake Almanor

The fires are still an issue - as to where we can go and what we can see. It's pretty chilly, because of the smoke layer hiding the sun. We don't notice the smell most of the time. The active ones are still doing lots of bike riding, hiking, kayaking, and water skiing. We're getting an evening bridge game, of course.

On Saturday, we'll head south with Ann and Al, planning to take two days, arriving Sunday noonish.

The arm is improving slowly, but I'm still taking various pain meds on a regular basis. Im still having some dizziness when I change position quickly, and wonder if I had a concussion. Also I have some intention tremor in the left hand. So I'll need to get those things checked out when we get home. I have a follow up with the orthopod on Tuesday after we get back.

Guess that's all the news for now.

4 comments:

Harriet said...

You must admit that travel is a more intersting way to check your symptoms than sitting home and contemplating.

Those fires make me so grateful for what I have here.

Captain Poolie said...

I am excited! WHEEE!

Captain Poolie said...

Just met you a few moments ago! WHEEE!

Mary Z said...

And it was great!!!