Monday, August 13, 2012

13 on the 13th

1. The Olympics are (is?) over. We didn’t watch the closing ceremonies. It sounds like it was a good party for the athletes, though. I hate that they keep track of the medals won by each country Congratulations to all the participants.

2. Now we can get caught up watching the programs we recorded while we were watching the Olympics.

3. I had my first stamina test this morning. John took me to WalMart. I wanted to get a couple of tank tops and knew exactly where they were in the store and on sale. He was pleased that I got a whole new wardrobe for $16.99 (four @ $3.00 + tax).

4. I went for my delayed appointment with the rheumatologist. I needed to check in with him. Of courses, the problems I usually talk about are masked by the current biggie. But I was glad to bring him into the loop on this injury.

5. Kate sent some of her iPad-cover rejects. I’ll give one or two of them a try and see if one will work for me.

6. We finished up the last of the meals that the wonderful swimmers brought us (except for the one we put in the freezer for later). I hope I can repay the kindnesses when the ball bounces the other way.

7. I’m starting to think seriously about what we need to be taking on the California trip.

8. John was going to try to row or walk with Diane this evening, but a line of severe thunderstorms scotched that idea. Maybe tomorrow.

9. I wish we didn’t have 2 ½ more months to go before the elections. We just use the off and mute buttons a lot on the TV.

10. I have my first postop appointment with the surgeon in the morning. I’m dreading getting the staples out.

11. I’m sure we’ll talk about physical therapy. They don’t say that PT stands for Pain and Torture without reason.

12. Last episode of The Closer and first episode of the sequel, Major Crimes, tonight.

13. Thinking about getting through airport security with a sling, wheelchair, and inability to move my arm very much.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

It took us a while to learn, but traveling with a wheelchair patient became more convenient than without. You just have to let them know when you make your reservations.

The nicest part was that we piled small packages and all the coats in my husband's lap. 8)