Tuesday, August 14, 2012

All about me again (sorry)

I saw the surgeon this morning. They took out the staples and the incision is healing well. Things look good on the x-ray. Not quite what I had imagined, but the fixation looks like it'll do the job. He started me on several range of motion exercises. And he seemed pleased that I was taking only Ex-Strength acetominophen for pain (albeit on a regular basis). I did have to take a stronger med late this evening, though.

I've called the airline and they have me scheduled for wheelchair transport from Atlanta to Denver to Sacramento, with pre-boarding on both flights - basically door-to-door. I do love Southwest. I'm concerned about getting through security, but we'll just have to deal with that when it happens.
=========================
I do love a good joke - even when I’m “it”. One of the SeniorReaders posted this for me today: I guess your beach volleyball days are kind of over? LOL That was crass...sorry, just couldn't help myself! You said "range of motion" and all I could think of was swinging arms and shoulders, blocking, digging and spiking. I wouldn't insist that you wear the bikini uniform, though! Keep up your exercises, and please, be careful!

John and I have really had good laughs over this one.

2 comments:

Sian said...

Glad to hear the healing process is going well. Take care! As for going through security - if you are wheel-chair assisted they will help you. Yes you may well ring all the bells that are there, but the airlines get used to that!

Mickle in NZ said...

Hooray for the result from the surgeon, and for the staples being gone.

Yay for the help and support from the airline.

And be glad I was never on any sort of a volleyball team with you - my ball skills are worse than useless!!! For P.E. in my 2nd year at High School I got an A for effort and a C for achievement - I'm convinced that they "bumped up" that achievement score