Friday, August 17, 2012

Off on another adventure

Still creaking along, trying to do the exercises the doc mentioned specifically, and move otherwise as much as possible doing just the normal stuff. We leave the house way before dawn in the morning, leaving from Atlanta on a 6:30 flight. We wanted to get to Sacramento near noon. Ann & Al are going to pick us up, and we're planning to have lunch nearby with Bev> I first met on the old SeniorNet. She and I have become good "blogger friends", but have never met in person. So glad this timing worked out and we can remedy that. Then we'll drive on north to where we're staying near Lassen NP.
--------------------------------------
The UT Alumnus Magazine came today, with articles about two of my favorite people - Pat Summitt and Peyton Manning. It does point out one of the things I admire most about Pat. Of her players who have gone through the whole program, 100% have earned degrees. What a great lady!
---------------------------------------
I did some working around with the iPad - figuring out what I can and can’t do with it when it’s online or not. Sweet Judy took me to get a pedicure this morning, so I’m heading off with happy feet.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

You've just hit on the difference between men's and women's college programs. If a woman has to leave before she has finished her requirements, Geno Auriemma tells her, "either you come back and get your degree or you don't come back at all."

At present, our men are in academic difficulty with the NCAA. Our women produce dean's list students.

Have a great trip!