Monday, May 24, 2010

What a weekend!!!

I'm sorry - I forgot to mention that I'd be away from a computer over the weekend. We went to our friends' wedding in Delaware - and what a celebration it was!

It was nearly midnight before we got home Sunday night. The only glitch in the fantastic weekend was a flight delay for our connecting flight from Chicago to Nashville. And, although the sinkhole on I-24 east had been repaired, some nighttime road construction going up Monteagle Mountain had the road closed down to one lane. But they were minor problems.

The wedding, the guests, the bridal couple, the weather - everything was terrific. The bride was gorgeous, the groom was handsome. They even asked the “Fort Morgan Group” to stay for a formal post-wedding picture with the bride and groom.

After the 2 p.m. wedding, the guests went back to the hotel or somewhere to rest up for the reception - which didn’t start until 6 p.m. There were many more people at the sumptuous reception (open bar, heavy hor d’oeuvres, plus dinner). DJ and Lisa met when he took ballroom-dancing lessons, and Lisa was his teacher. So dancing was a major part of the reception. Dancing before dinner; between courses of the dinner; and, of course, after dinner. The dancers love what they do, and love to share. We didn’t partake, but certainly enjoyed watching.

Unfortunately, the chronic viral infection in my eye flared up over the weekend. By Sunday morning, I knew it was definitely active. I called the eye doc from Midway Airport in Chicago, and left a message on his emergency phone. But, as it turned out, he’s out of town for the week so, of course, he didn’t return my call.

I just went to the office this morning, and the tech who was there to answer the phone sent me to a large multi-discipline eye practice. The doc there confirmed my self-diagnosis and approved of my self-treatment. He did put me on a different medication, and I’m to go back on Friday.

I didn't take a camera, but I hope to get some photos from Margaret and/or Anne. I'll post some when I get some.

And now, we start getting rested up.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

Mary--I looked and could not find an e-mail address for you. But the books arrived and they are BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much. They will be very helpful.