Sunday, May 16, 2010

A full Sunday

I went to the demonstration given by the instructor for the workshop put on by the Tennessee Watercolor Society. He is also also the juror for the show. He’s retired from teaching at Cal State Fullerton, and now does workshops and judges other show, as well as paint for a living. Nice guy. I may not have to be there after tomorrow - we’ll see how it goes. I am picking him up at his motel to get him to the venue for the 9 a.m. start time, but who knows how much I'll be doing after that. I’ll probably stay to watch the beginning of the class and hope to pick up some information about his techniques.

I went to Walmart after the demonstration, since I don’t know when I’ll get there during the week - and don’t need much. I did pick up brat-type sausages and deli baked beans for supper since Allan was coming over. I just needed something filling with no work involved. They were good. He had gone to the Chattanooga Market this morning - it was “strawberry festival” day (since this is the prime strawberry time in TN). He brought us most of a gallon of berries. They are absolutely delicious - juicy and sweet - and I have no idea what I’m going to do with all of them. We’ll make ourselves sick eating what we can before we leave. I guess I’ll just freeze the rest and figure out something to do with them later - maybe make some syrup or sauce out of them.

We had another hard shower this afternoon, total about 1.3” for the two days. But it’s nice and cool and pleasant now. We’ve had the back door open, enjoying listening to the evening frogs. And, all of a sudden, John heard an owl. Of course, we couldn’t see it, but it sounded very close to the deck, and his voice was quite deep and loud. I don’t know that that means it was a big one, but, in any case, we surely do hope he stays around.
----------------------------------------
It's always nice to find a clump of wildflowers to photograph.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: