Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Rain, rain, rain!

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
I am not a lover of lawns. Rather would I see daisies in their thousands, ground ivy, hawkweed, and even the hated plantain with tall stems, and dandelions with splendid flowers and fairy down, than the too-well-tended lawn. -William Henry Hudson, author and naturalist (1841-1922)
------------------------------------------------
What a nasty, raw day it's been today! It has been pouring rain all evening, but at least it's not snow. I had to drive home from the Friends of the Library council meeting in the dark, in the rain - YUCK!

I was out all day today - just stayed at the studio until time to go to the Library meeting. I did get a bunch of painting done, and that's always satisfying. This time I didn't get any paint on my clothes - something new and different. I took an old t-shirt to change into for painting, and wore a smock over that. I still have paint under my fingernails, though. Oh, well....

I agreed to be vice-chairman for the Friends of the Library for next year - probably a major mistake, but I did it. This is not a mandatory Vice-chairman-into-Chairman office, and I told them that under NO circumstances would I agree to be Chairman in 2011. And if they think I'll change my mind, they're sadly mistaken - it ain't gonna happen! I've been president of an organization before, and I will never do it again. The young woman who is chairman this year is a real go-getter, and it's going to be fun working with her. She's definitely going to make some waves.
-------------------------------------

Today's photo is sailing under a bridge on the Erie Canal.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: