Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Getting back to "normal"

The days since Thanksgiving have gone pretty much as usual. Except for the really yucky weather. Lots of rain yesterday and today, with more to come. And they're even predicting the "S" word for Saturday morning. AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!

And Saturday is the day the Gallery's neighborhood is having its holiday festival - Main X 24. Many of the establishments will be open for 24 hours (we'll be open 11 - 7). Plus there's a parade, dance contests, booths, etc., etc. It surely will cut down on participation and potential customers. Guess we can't do anything about that.

I have been doing some painting this week. I made up a bunch of regular greeting cards, and then realized I should have been making Xmas cards - so I did some of those today. I also started on a group of five square paintings (12x12"). And, of course, in doing that I got paint all over my khaki pants. I did have a smock on, so I didn't get my new turtleneck messy. And I didn't like those pants anyway - so now they're my painting-pants.

We had pretty mediocre cards on Monday, but I'm playing again tomorrow. I hope they'll be better then.
------------------------
This photo is some of the Canal maintenance equipment along the Erie Canal (at least I think that's what it is).

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: