Tuesday, December 11, 2007

To sleep (I hope)


Couldn't get to sleep Sunday night, and then didn't sleep well last night and no nap this afternoon. That's not like me - I'm usually a champion sleeper. We'll see how well I do tonight.

The Chattanooga Region of the Tennessee Watercolor Society is having an exhibit in the local office of an investment firm. Twenty-three artists painted the 49 pieces on exhibit. The theme of the show was "Squared Off" - all pieces were done in a square format. The firm gave an opening reception tonight - and it was a lovely event. They provided wine, catered finger-food, and music. I had two pieces picked to be in the show.

Even more fun was seeing people I hadn't seen in ages, including one woman who had been in my classes at UTC almost 20 years ago. I don't think I'd seen her since then, and it was really great to catch up.

With all the awful snow and ice storms that are battering the midWest, we're still setting records for high temperatures. It's been in the upper 70s, and supposed to be there again tomorrow. We should be back in our normal 50s by the end of the week.

Today's picture is of the second picture that is in the exhibit - an Untitled 10x10" watercolor. Sorry, the photo is not a very good representation of the piece.

No comments: