Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Terrible Twos(day) ???


Terrible Twos(day) - well, not really. Actually, it was a pretty good day. Our chilly weather continued, but without the wind. And any day that starts off with the cleaning lady coming has good to be a good one. Thanks, Kay! We had a made-up version of shrimp scampi for dinner (Yum!), and I started the split-pea soup.

Vicki had a full table of her Tuesday watercolor folks. They're all so great - good painters, and nice people. As many have said, it's a kind of therapy group, too. Vicki and I met this afternoon with two other regional painters to get talks started about the possibility of an artists' cooperative gallery in part of the Studio 2 space. We'll meet again in two weeks, but agree that first we have some sort of framework to build on - and this before we can even formally contact other artists about participating. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting journey of discovery.

We got our seaman's new e-mail and snail-mail addresses tonight. I know he's glad to finally be assigned to a ship, and to getting his Navy career underway. Smooth seas to you!

We watched an unusual movie tonight - Stranger Than Fiction, with Emma Thompson, Will Ferrell, and a supporting cast of Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah, and Maggie Gyllenhaal. I think one of the girls may have recommended it. It definitely had some funny moments, but was seriously strange. Has anybody else seen this one? Comments, please.

Today's photo is of smooth waters of the Cumberland River.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was the one that recommended Stranger than Fiction. We loved it! I don't remember it being that weird. Probably the only Will Ferrell movie that I'd ever watch again, and I love Emma Thompson.

K