Monday, December 10, 2007

Addendum to "at"


One comment I received elsewhere about yesterday's entry was from Anne. She wrote:

The one I yell at the TV and radio about is the 'fewer' vs 'less' usage! Why is that one so hard to grasp? Isn't it that fewer is for things you can count and less refers to quantities you can't individually count - as in fewer calories but less fat? A close second is "more importantly..."

This then reminded me of another teeth-grinder - "most unique". Unique means "one of a kind" - there is no way to qualify that word. It either IS or it ISN'T.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh

Today was mostly a knitting day. The second half of Kate's sweater is really flying. I'm already almost finished with the sleeve. It's amazing how fast something can so when you've gotten the pattern figured out, and don't have to struggle with every stitch. And then Kate has to call to tell me that she's found some of our favorite sock yarn for less than half the usual price, and if I order some too, we can share the shipping costs. So now I'll be adding yarn for three more pairs of socks to my stash.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Today's photo is another of morning fog on the Cumberland River.

No comments: