Thursday, December 27, 2007

A good day!


Today was one of those busy days that makes up for all the slug days when I don't do anything at all.

I started out with the post office. One of my smarter moves was waiting until after Xmas to mail a couple of packages. One was indeed a Christmas present, but Ann & Al knew that it would be late. The other one was a merchandise return. I walked in, went right up to the window, and the clerk was reading a book - just waiting for me.

Then to the dreaded Wal-Mart. I had a long list. But I found all but one item - and I found the empty place on the shelf for the sold-out item. Again, I walked right up to an open checker, and was out in record time. It surely was nice to have John at home to unload the car for me.

The Ex-Tix lunch was fun, as always. Dalton brought his son, who was visiting from his home in Dallas. It's always nice to see in someone else's family that "genetics doesn't lie" or "the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree". And it isn't just us.

I got several things cooked or assembled for the weekend before folks started arriving. We had seen Margaret, Matt, and Sarah fairly recently, but hadn't seen Paul for a while. They all looked good, in any case.

And dinner was great - if I do say so myself. Pot roast and gravy, baked potatoes, green beans, biscuits. Doesn't get much better than that. Plus various ice creams for dessert. Tonight's football game was not the most exciting, and by the middle of the fourth quarter (at 11:30), John and Margaret had given up. Texas was really romping over Arizona State.

The rest of the crowd will get in at various times tomorrow. It doesn't get any better than this!

Today's photo is from one of our favorites places - the Hesperus Mountains from La Plata Canyon Road, CO.

No comments: