Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Annual rituals


I went to the rheumatologist this morning, and had a bone density scan. The good news is that he says I have "the bones of a 30-year-old". The other news is that I've lost another half-inch in height - 5'6 1/1" now. The bad news is the verbal abuse I have to take from my family. :D Jean (5'5") says I'm coming down to her level. John says that I have the bones of a 30-year-old, the joints of a 100-year-old, which about averages out to my actual age of 71. What sweeties they are!!! I truly am glad to hear the results of the bone scan, though. As clumsy as I am, it's nice to know the bones are good and strong.

We got in little naps before Margaret arrived to go to the Lady Vols/Old Dominion game in Knoxville. The Lady Vols won handily, and they should be home shortly. At least they're not having to drive home in the rain tonight.

The big job of the day, though, was finishing up the split pea soup. That's always been a big favorite, and last year's batch was all gone. Also there were a bunch of ham bones in the freezer - so it was time. I started it last night, but got it all finished this evening. John will move the pot (16-quart kettle) to the deck for overnight to cool (I do love my "walk-in refrigerator" in the wintertime), and then I'll put it into the freezer bags in the morning. Another annual ritual accomplished.

Today's photos is of early morning fog on the Cumberland River.

No comments: