Monday, December 10, 2007

Record highs


You'd never think it was the middle of December - the record high today was 77, and the predicted record-breaking high for the next two days is 78! We did have a real pea-soup fog this morning, so John didn't get to row.

I didn't do too bad at Wal-Mart today - only got one thing that wasn't on the list and I didn't need, and only forgot 2-3 things that I didn't have on my list. Oh, well - I knew I was going to have to go back this week in any case.

We got the country ham started. That's a 3-4 day process. I'm already planning to COOK on Thursday. The photo society Christmas Banquet is Thursday night, the swim class breakfast is Friday morning, and the South Carolina and Hillsboro contingents will be in on Friday night. We will be eating out on Saturday, between basketball games.

The cards were either feast or famine today. John and I started off with a bang - with two 700 rubbers in the first round for over 2000 points. Nothing else that good later, but we each did have another over-1000 round. At least it's enough cards and interesting hands to keep us coming back.

Last night was one of my rare couldn't-get-to-sleep nights. It was about 2 a.m. when I finally went to bed. Then up at 6 to go to swimming. I'm heading off to bed a bit early for me tonight - and hope to sleep late in the morning.

Two of my paintings were juried into a show that's opening tomorrow night. Today's photo is one of them. It's a 10" square watercolor, titled "A.M."

No comments: