Wednesday, June 13, 2007


We had a big swimming group this morning - there were 20 in the class, and several regulars weren't there. Gail worked us hard today, too.

It was a good painting day. I got two paintings finished (acrylic on canvas) - or as finished as anything ever is with me. And I have a couple more "starts" to work with. But the most fun was watching Vicki spontaneously and enthusiastically starting and quickly finishing a painting, and laughing the whole time. She was so pleased with herself. I told her she should name the painting "Laughter" - and she did. She says she used to paint that way, but I told her that must have been before I met her 20 years ago.

So far this evening, the county north of us has gotten 1.5-2" of rain, but still nothing here. On radar, it looks like it's moving this way, but I'll believe it when I see some measurable liquid in the rain gauge.

10 days and counting! We got an e-mail from Matt today, and he's definitely coming. Hooray!

Today's picture was taken at the Abo Mission of the Salinas Missions National Monument in New Mexico.

No comments: