Monday, June 11, 2007


Swimming this morning and bridge this afternoon. I came in the middle last week (as usual), but at least this time I was higher than John. I had a few good hands today, but mostly the cards were pretty bad. I think I got everything I could out of the cards I had - but it's hard to screw up with 3 and 4 points in a hand.

We watched The DaVinci Code tonight. It's really a good yarn, and we thought it was a pretty good movie. John's so funny - he really objects to any movie that is more than 2 hours long. But he still liked this one (at 2 1/2 hours).

My dear friend finally got in to see the surgeon last Wednesday, and wound up having a needle biopsy that very afternoon. They just got in touch with her this morning, and it was malignant. DAMN!!!! They're to call her back in the morning to let her know when she has another appointment with the surgeon to talk about possibilities and options. That might be on Monday or Tuesday of next week. That's one of the hardest thing about this disease - everything comes down to doing something, and then waiting for results; waiting to do the next thing, and then waiting for results. We had to learn early that we could ask only one question at a time. You never asked "Well, if we get that result, what comes next?" You just had to wait until the results came in. Not fun!

Today's picture is a closer shot of Chimney Rock at the Mountain Ute Tribal Park.

No comments: