Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tuesday's entry on Wednesday morning


The Mexican Train game got so hot and heavy last night, and ran so late, that I didn't get my entry written Tuesday night. So here I am, early on Wednesday morning, writing for yesterday. The only other folks awake are out walking on the beach.

That's the routine...early birds get up, turn the coffee on and grab a cup, then head out to walk. The non-walkers sleep later then hold down the chairs on the deck until the breakfast cooks get back. NOBODY sleeps once the bacon starts cooking.

Did you know that every set of Mexican Train dominoes has a different set of rules? A number of folks here have played before, and none of them have played with the exact rules that our set has. Many of us were on the laptops looking for "THE" set of rules yesterday afternoon. And, ya know what? There isn't one! They even tried looking for "tournament" rules, but to no avail. The players finally sat down and agreed on a menu of rules. You know how it works: one from Column A, one from column B, etc. Anyhow, it's a good game for up to 8 players.

A piece broke off one of my teeth yesterday. It didn't expose nerve, but the rough edge is irritating my tongue, so I'll be hunting for a dentist this morning to do something to cover it until I can see my dentist at home.

My friend who's had breast cancer diagnosed and is still in the testing phase prior to lumpectomy or mastectomy finally got some good news. Her multiple scans and MRIs yesterday did not find the additional suspicious places that they thought would show up. She hasn't talked to the surgeon yet, but is more optimistic since this whole process started.

Today's picture is of the important people - the Breakfast Cooks.

No comments: