Thursday, June 07, 2007

Tied a record!


It was 96 degrees today! I surely am glad that I was in the air conditioning most of the time. John tells me that I shouldn't complain because it's always about 78 where I am. He does have a point. But it's surely not going to keep me from complaining.

Margaret called tonight, and I can tell we're going to be having lots of conversation about the wedding. And it's still a year away. I'm sure that'll be the main topic of conversation at the beach (only 16 more days!).

Is it just me, or does it seem like more and more people, of all ages, are being diagnosed with cancer lately. We went to see our friend this afternoon who has had a recurrence of her breast cancer, and had her first chemotherapy treatment today. Our friends teenage grandson has started his chemo, and his hair has started to come out. I'm not into the conspiracy explanations for events - or government plots - or cast-iron pots - or eating too many cucumbers, etc., etc. Maybe it's just that we are fortunate enough to have so many wonderful people that we care about, and the laws of averages are catching up.

Today's picture is the Qurai site of the Salinas Missions National Monument in New Mexico.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that picture! That one finally got the telephone sheep off of my desktop. I am SO ready for the beach.

K