Saturday, June 30, 2007

Glasses-less


We're home, and really tired. The drive was uneventful, but I did a really dumb thing. I rode part of the way with Margaret, and I left my inside glasses in her car. They're relatively new, and I can't find the old ones anywhere. Needless to say, frustration is running very high around here tonight. I do have my Rx sunglasses, so am wearing them. We'll be going to her house next weekend, but I really don't want to wait that long. If she overnights them Monday, I should get them on Tuesday. Phooey!!!!!!!

The traffic was really heavy in both directions today, but no hold-ups in the north-bound lanes. And, HOORAY, we had had 0.75" of rain this afternoon before we got home. We had a power blip (the clocks were flashing), and a neighbor had a Bradford pear tree split. No problem here, though.

This was a great week - it's always such fun to get together with the family and friends. We are really tired, though. We've heard from nearly everybody, that all have gotten home safely.

Today's picture is of dune fences in the late afternoon.

1 comment:

Sandy Davidson said...

Sorry that you left your glasses behind... bummer!

Forgive me, but where did you stay on this trip? I have skimmed the previous posts, but naturally missed the details. A family yearly gathering I presume? Or just good friends?

It sounds like a wonderful tradition. I have always thought that the Outer Banks would be a perfect place to gather from around the country. Or at least for the East Coasters from Maine to Florida!

Hope that you get your glasses back soon.