Sunday, June 10, 2007

A chowder day


This has been one of the quieter days. We spent a lot of time talking about how ready we were go to the beach.

Do y'all have special things you cook from left-overs? We had one of our favorites tonight. A while back I poached a whole salmon which, of course, was more than the two of us could eat - even in a couple of meals. I froze the remainder to use later, and today was the day. I made seafood chowder, and put all that wonderful salmon in it, plus a few frozen shrimp. Oh, yum! And no, it hasn't turned into winter, it was still in the low 90s today. But we do have airconditioning and we like soup anytime. Give this a try sometime - you'll love it.

As a rule, I don't watch award shows. The Tony Awards ceremony for Broadway productions is an exception. The talents are superb. The actors know how to speak and sing so they can be understood, and they know how to stay within a time limit. Usually there are some of the people who have been around for a while that even I know about - and I enjoy seeing them. Plus we get a chance to experience some of the fantastic new talent starting out. I was particularly pleased tonight because one of my very favorite performers, David Hyde Pierce, won the Tony for best performance of a male in a musical.

Today's picture is another one of Chimney Rock in the Mountain Ute Tribal Park.

No comments: