Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Politics and Softball



On NPR this morning, there was a piece about a conversation between a CNN reporter and H. Clinton, B. Obama, and J. Edwards. The subject was religion. Does anybody else find it troubling that a Forum on Faith & Politics is considered appropriate? I really don't think a religious litmus test was intended in the Constitution. I seem to remember from my American history that the founding fathers specifically did not want this country to be a religious state.

Fareed Zakaria has written the Cover Story in this week's Newsweek magazine. The title is "After Bush: Restoring America's Place in the World". I haven't had a chance to read the article yet, But I have always found Zakaria to be thoughtful, factual, and nonpartisan. It should be interesting.

Arizona has just won the second game over the Lady Vols in the best-of-three-games series in the NCAA softball championship. Damn! I was hoping the Lady Vols could win in two. Now they'll have to play another game tomorrow. I love it that Pat Summitt and Phil Fulmer are there to cheer them on, and that Peyton Manning called the pitcher, Abbott, to wish her luck. It is really great that the different sports teams and coaches are supporting other Big Orange teams.

Today's picture is a petroglyph at the Mountain Ute Tribal Park, CO.

No comments: