Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Molars and mudbugs


The water was gorgeous this morning - lovely greens and blues, a nice temperature, and just enough movement and swells that we had to keep moving just to stay still. Good exercise - at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I called early this morning, and got in to see a local dentist this afternoon. He was very nice, and said there had probably been an inlay there (boo hoo - I swallowed or spit out a piece of gold), and the edge broke off. Anyhow, he said it will probably need a crown. We opted for a temporary fix until I could see my dentist at home, and he ground down the rough edges. As the fates would have it, my home dentist had returned my call while I was in the chair, so I've called them back and have an appointment on 9 July to get started with a crown.
Lots of folks went into Gulf Shores to go to Souvenir City. Just the obligatory visit to look at all the tacky stuff. And, of course, I got a new flamingo - a lovely(?) piece with a flamingo lolling in a martini glass. No new earrings, though - they said they couldn't find any tacky enough.
The grocery shoppers brought back more shrimp, some flounder, and a surprise - a big bag of Cajun steamed crawfish. What a nice addition to dinner that was! Plus fresh, frozen corn and cheese grits. Wanda had to leave this afternoon, but left us with her wonderful frozen lemon dessert.
The Mexican Train game ended a bit earlier tonight. Jean won this time. That really is a good game for a bunch of people. We'll have to work Matt in sometime.

Today's picture is of dune fencing in the early morning sunshine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please check your email. Jan