Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Some things work, some things not so much

I had several things I wanted to do before lunch today. Not 100% accomplished.  First I had planned to take the last of John's ashes to Ignis Glass - a local glass blowing craftsman - to get them incorporated into some glass balls.  I knew where the shop is located downtown, so I had no problem finding the place.  But there was no parking anywhere nearby.  I drove around the block a couple of times, but nothing opened up.  I guess I'll try another time.  That one didn't work.

My mission was accomplished at the post office.  Next to Walmart. It was sprinkling rain by then, but when I pulled up into a handicapped space, there was a riding cart parked right next to the space.  How lucky is that?  Not too much - I picked up all but one of my items in the personal items section, then the cart's battery died.  So off I go back to the entrance, hoping there is another cart there.  Success!  The rest of the WM trip was without incident, and I even found most of what was on my list.  Back to the car, loading the stuff in, and headed home.

By the time I got home, my knee was really hurting.  I took just the refrigerator items in, planning to pick up the rest later.  By the time I got to my door, the knee brace had slithered down round my ankle (so attractive).  Oh, well....

Lunch; pick up most of the other stuff from the car.  In the meantime, I've found out that my friend, Joyce, has had a brain bleed and is in the MICU for continued treatment and observation. And, since my knee still hurts, and is clicking each time I take a step, I called the doc and have an appointment to see him on Thursday.  And you now know more about my life than you even wanted to know.
--------------------------
But this all is pretty trivial when they're killing children in Manchester with shrapnel bombs.


No comments: