Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday musings

My knee is still pretty sore, but better.  I've been wearing my knee brace, and that has definitely helped.  I talked to the physical therapist here, and she said I might have popped some scar tissue loose and that would hurt for a few days.  She recommended ice, so I'm doing that, too.
----------------------
My friend, Joyce, had a car accident this morning.  She has a possible head injury and has been transported to the big hospital downtown.  She's had some TIAs in the past, and I wonder if something like that had played a part.  We're all very worried about her.
----------------------
Wildlife report:  Some bluebirds are back today, after having not been seen for a week.  They're flying like maybe they're new fledglings.  The squirrels are making me crazy.  There are two of them now - and I think they are this year's babies.  They challenge me - get up on the railing, and look to see if I'm watching.  I can shout at them, and they jump to the nearest tree, but then keep watch.  If I get up and get the hose, they run far away, but then are back in a few minutes. Eventually they'll head off, only to return several hours later.
-----------------------
I knocked my favorite coffee cup in the sink and broke a chunk out of the lip.  I have another one of Jean's to use, but  I know she won't make me another one like it.  8`^(
-----------------------
Duplicate tonight - in the low middle, as usual.  I did play one hand - bid 3, made 7.  It was only a middle board, but I had such fun playing it.


No comments: