Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Update plus weather report

John's been scheduled for a bunch of appointments over the next ten days - starting next Monday. He is to have PET scans and brain MRIs on Monday. Then he is to see the ENT guy on Wednesday. A week from Monday (9 March), he is to see the oncologist at 11:15 and the pulmonologist at 3:15. I hope by then these two (or three) doctors will be able to tell us what he’s up against and coming up with treatment options to propose.

The hospital we're using has a large cancer center, and I had a long talk this afternoon with the "nurse navigator" there. She'll be our center source of information, explanations, etc. This is going to be special - at least for us. Her name is Betsy - with the same last name as my dear Aunt Betsy. So I know we have a special guardian angel looking over us. I told her that, and she wanted to know all about my Betsy. Definitely gives us a good feeling.

John's still doing a lot of deep coughing - left over from the bronchoscopy - and his chest/abdominal muscles are really starting to ache from that. The anesthesia hangs on, and by 8:30 he was already sleeping in the chair. At least he's gone on to bed.

=======================

We're having a beautiful, fluffy snow tonight. I'd guess we've already had 4+ inches (since 5 pm), and it's still snowing. . It's very light outside because of the light reflecting off the snow. But the temperature is supposed to go up into the 40s tomorrow, so it'll probably all be gone by tomorrow night - just in time for the next cold snap. Such is life in the sunny South. I've just had to reschedule my mammogram for the second time.

1 comment:

Peace Thyme said...

Good luck, John. At our age, naps are definitely allowed....for whatever reason!