Sunday, June 15, 2014

"Who owns your body?"

The Chattanooga Times Free Press is unusual in that it has two editorial pages - one with a liberal slant (on the left) and one with a conservative slant (on the right). I hasten to say that I’m a proud liberal and seldom read the right-hand page. However, this morning, the headline of Walter Williams’ column caught my eye.

Who owns your body? the bold print read.

What? Has this uber-conservative columnist and the right-hand page decided to take up the cause of women’s reproductive rights? I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Well, of course not. I only had to read the first paragraph to see that Williams was complaining about the FDA not being fast enough to approve a new drug for the treatment of ALS. Surely, he said, it was the patient’s right to control the treatment for his own body.

Oh, well - I knew it couldn’t be true.

1 comment:

Captain Poolie said...

Had you going there for a moment.